SIEM REAP TAXI
The town of Siem Reap in northern Cambodia is the primary gateway for the Angkor Archaeological Park and the tourist attractions.
We are offering daily private taxi for mini VIP transport for sightseeing tour (DAY TOURS / MULTI-DAY & EXTENDED TOURS), and Long Distance (DOOR to DOOR) by the good condition of (A/C SUV car & Minivan), for the most popular routes from Siem Reap to the cities in Cambodia and the border of Thailand – Laos – Vietnam.
We have drivers with a full driving license who can speak in English, and with over 10 years of experience in doing this job, we knew the road conditions quite well and have brought our guests to their destinations comfortably and safely.
Special Offer for Private Taxi in Siem Reap
Our Vehicle Types
Daily Private Taxi Shuttle From Siem Reap
Cars with drivers can be hired for single or multiple days. While all drivers are familiar with the area and happy to suggest good routes, most speak little English and are not actual tour guides. Licensed tour guides mostly in English charge US$40-US$50 per day and for English, a speaking driver with a car charges $ 35 to $ 40 a day inner Angkor area. Drivers will likely ask for US$5-US$10 to $ 30 extra for trips to further temples such as those of the Big Circuit, Banteay Srey, and more for remote sites like Beng Mealea and Kulen Mountain.
The taxis (US$10 fixed cost) from the airport to Siem Reap proper may provide a full day of touring for US$25-30. If you need to take the taxi around the grand circle tour, it will be costed 40$ and to Banteay, Stei Temple is 50$.
Beware of airport taxi drivers talking you into a tour, as they tend to charge you a much higher price. Do not assume that the official counter at the airport makes them better as the quality of drivers varies a lot. Only book a driver and a car through your hotel or tour services to avoid scams.
PassApp and Grab are good alternatives to book your car or tuk tuk at fair price. A local number is required for registration.
What to See in Siem Reap
Most people come to visit Angkor Archaeological Park, which is thoroughly covered in its own article. The town itself has some worthwhile attractions and a number of beautiful modern Buddhist temples.
- Lotus Farm By Samatoa: Phnom Krom, Siem Reap, Cambodia, (South Town, Tonle Sap, 15 minutes from downtown), +85592529001, 08:00 Am to 05:00 PM. Visit the incredible workshop of Samatoa surrounded by multiple lotus farms. They manufacture the fiber of lotus to create a rare and luxury textile. $2. edit
- Angkor National Museum: 968 Charles de Gaulle Blvd, +855 63 966 601 (email@example.com), Daily 8:30-18:00. While the website states that the museum opens at 8:30, it may actually open at 9:00 due to construction (May 2016). Exhibits covering the history of the Angkor complex as well as Khmer culture and clothing using high tech displays and video screens. Some say the 1,000 Buddhas room is as impressive as it sounds. Exhibits cover Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom rather well, however, the museum does not function as a primer to the whole Angkor Archaeological Park. US$12. edit
- Angkor Silk Farm: (Artisans Angkor), Puok District (National Road 6 (20-minute drive from the center), (+855) 63 5555 768, 8 am-5 pm. Close to Siem Reap center yet located in the lush and charming countryside, Angkor Silk Farm is a great place to go to when you want to take a break from visiting the Angkorian temples. Discover at Angkor Silk Farm how incredible the silk-making process is: from silkworm to a cocoon, from a simple thread to a high-quality fabric, you will go through all those different stages by understanding the traditional Cambodian weaving techniques. Free shuttle buses depart at 09.30 and 13.30 from Artisans Angkor’s main center in Thmey Street (2-minute walk from the Old Market). The visit is free. 0$. edit
- Angkor Handicraft Association: Road 60, Trang village, Sangkat Slorkram, +855 78 34 14 54, Workshops, demonstrations, and a wide range of authentic handicraft products. AHA is an NGO working with the artisans from the rural areas of Siem Reap Province, promoting only authentic and certified handicrafts. Friendly staff and lots of interesting traditional items and activities to see. edit
- APOPO Visitor Center, North of street 30, tel:+855 8159 9237, 8 am-5 pm (closed on Sunday). An NGO with Belgian origin is training rats to detect landmines to clear minefields in Cambodia. After a short introduction about the landmine situation in Cambodia, you can witness a training of the “hero rats” and watch a short film about the success story of this organization. There are several possibilities to support APOPO including donations, merchandise or even adopting a rat. The Wat Thmei temple next door is also worth a visit. 5$. edit
- McDermott Galler: FCC Angkor, Pokambor Avenue (On the river next to the Royal Residence), +855 (0)12 274 274, 10 am-10 pm. The exhibition by legendary photographer John McDermott shows photographs of the temples of Angkor before crowds of tourists arrived. For those of us who came too late to see the temples in solitary splendor, this is a chance to go back in time. The New York Times calls them “the defining images of Angkor.” The visit is free and the staff is friendly and helpful. Gifts and cards also for sale. $0. edit
- Senteurs d’Angkor Workshop: Airport road (3km from Caltex Station, airport direction on the National 6), +855 (0)63 966 733, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm. This visit introduces the different workshops where around 100 artisans are working in the middle of a tropical garden. A provided guide will welcome you at the entrance, she will explain to you all the manufacturing steps of the Senteurs d’Angkor product range. From the eco-friendly boxes made from palm tree leaves to handmade soaps, natural cosmetics, candles, and incense. You will also discover how to mix local spices to obtain the traditional Curry or Amok. Do not leave without a free tasting of Rattanakiri coffee or flavored tea! There is also a shop there to buy products. You can get a free tuk-tuk from their shop opposite the Old Market to take you there. $0.