Kratie (pronounced kra-chey) is a tiny town in northeastern Cambodia. Despite its small size, it is the capital of the province of the same name.
We are offering daily private taxi for mini VIP transport for sightseeing tour (DAY TOURS / MULTI-DAY & EXTENDED TOURS), and Long Distance (DOOR to DOOR) by the good condition of (A/C SUV car & Minivan), for the most popular routes from Kratie to the cities in Cambodia and the border of Thailand – Laos – Vietnam.
We have drivers with a full driving license who can speak in English, and with over 10 years of experience in doing this job, we knew the road conditions quite well and have brought our guests to their destinations comfortably and safely.
Special Offer for Private Taxi in Kratie
Our Vehicle Types
Daily Private Taxi Shuttle From Kampot
What to See in Kampot
Kratie is one of the four provinces in northeastern Cambodia, and although it is relatively remote and not heavily touristed, traveling here won’t earn you points if your priority is to be a pioneer. There’s no large scale tourism, but plenty of backpackers pass through here during the high season. The town has developed to meet this demand and now provides good budget accommodation.
- Phnom Sombo: (10 km north of Kratie on a prominent hill). A rather nifty temple north of town and situated on the only hill anywhere near Kratie. A long set of steps lead to a pavilion, the interior of which is painted with more torture scenes, depictions of what happens to those not virtuous enough to lead a holy and clean lifestyle. Makes a good stop on the way back to or from the dolphins. As a little bonus, you might catch a glimpse of the family of monkeys that lives around the temple. Approximately one hour by bicycle at a leisurely pace. Free – but visitors are highly encouraged to leave a small donation toward the upkeep of the temples. edit
- Sambor: (about 40 km from Kratie). This is a pre-Angkorian era settlement. The temples, among which is Wat Sorsor Muoy Roi (temple of 100 columns) contain several colorful murals that tell legends of nature and other traditional Buddhist stories. The original structure is no longer standing, in its place is a reconstructed temple. Approximately 3 to 3.5 hours by bicycle at a leisurely pace. edit
- Town Museum: (At the north end of the main town near the globe roundabout). This place is almost never open. If you are really keen, go see the Culture Ministry and they might open it up for you (for an appropriate donation – say US$2) – though you’ll be lucky to catch them in the office. edit
- Basket weaver villages, (15 km south of Kratie). There are 3 basket weaver villages near Kratie. The biggest is the Cham village Chheu Teil Ploch with 4,000 villagers. edit
- Villages of the Mekong: There are very interesting places along the Mekong River. You enjoy your day at the villages along both sides of the Mekong river. You can go by tuk tuk or motorbike. edit
- Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts: (downtown north Kratie). Here you can sometimes catch a musical performance. Groups sometimes come to perform singing contests here, with both traditional Cambodian instruments and Western. Otherwise, there’s little else to see. Located by the river by the northern roundabout. edit
- Concrete Animals: All around the town. Spot cranes, rhinos, deer, and even elephants in Kratie. Concrete, sadly, but the melancholy reminder of the wealth of creatures that once roamed the local area. Free!.
We were a family of four used a car from Sihanoukville to Kampot and then to Phnom Penh. The driver, Mr C was great with good English communication and knowledgeable... read more
We booked a private taxi from Sihanoukville Airport to Koh Kong online, and all went very smooth. Our plane was early, but so was the driver, who waited for us... read more
I booked several distances with Nara and everything worked fine. When I hesitated to oay with credit card he solved it by in person collect the money. The drivers all... read more
If you want to have a wonderful day in Sihanoukville, you may choose a taxi from Sihanoukville Taxi. And if Chuon Phearoum Roy is your guide, it is certain for... read more
We used Taxi In Cambodia for 5 days on our January 2020 trip to Cambodia and we would highly recommend them. Nara was always good about responding and answering... read more
Hi All, We had one day trip organised through the temple complexes Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom & Ta Prohm. It was conducted with the help of our local tour guide... read more
Arriving in PP late, my driver Mut Rady was patiently waiting for me. We had long journey ahead to Sihanoukville and he made my experience very enjoyable- we chatted non-stop... read more