1 hour (Approx.)
Up to 0 days
Be mesmerized by the captivating choreography and hypnotic color of a Phare performance in Siem Reap. Feast your senses on a spectacle that blends riveting theater with folk music and distinctly Cambodian stories. Commend the determination of the young circus artists, many of who are from challenging social and economic backgrounds, as they hypnotize the audience with their energy and emotion. Gain insight into the charity Phare Ponleu Selpak and discover the work the organization does to help vulnerable children and adults in Cambodian society.
Phare, The Cambodian Circus, Intersection of Ring Road and Sok San Road South of the intersection with Sok San Road, Siem Reap 17253 Cambodia
Make your own way to the impressive theatre in the historical heart in Siem Reap and take your seat in the position selected at the time of booking. Hear an expectant hush descend over the audience as the curtains part to reveal a talented troupe of acrobats and dancers of Phare Ponleu Selpak (PPS); marvel at the sleek agility of the performers, all of who derive from unimaginably difficult situations, and feel the melodic pulsations of the music as the show launches into life.
PPS—founded by eight young Cambodians who were once refugees—was created to preserve the culture and art of the Khmer people. The program serves to help reintegrate these children into society through theater and circus arts and provides social and educational programs.
Watch a spectacle unravel before your eyes and enjoy a compelling combination of acrobatics, juggling, aerial arts, contortion, and dance.
Watch six different acts—Sokrias (Eclipse), Khmer Metal, Sokha, Preu (Chills), Putho, and Same Same but Different—for a greater understanding of Cambodian culture, history, and beliefs.
Opt to sit in standard seats or select an upgrade to enjoy a prime position in the front center rows. You also receive a complimentary beverage and gift if the upgrade is selected.
• Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
• Seating begins at 20 minutes prior to the scheduled showtime. Last entry is 5 minutes past showtime
• Tickets are non-refundable. Ticket office may be able to accommodate rescheduling if requested at least 24 hours prior to booked showtime
• Wheelchair accessible
• No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
• Travelers who require wheelchairs are to inform us in advance for prior arrangements.
• Most travelers can participate
• The seating area in the big top is thoroughly cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before every performance.
• The restrooms are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening and hourly during the operation.
• Surfaces around the venue that guests are likely to touch are cleaned with alcohol-based disinfectant before opening.
• Staff and guest temperature is taken upon arrival
• Staff wearing masks
• Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed throughout the venue.
• Distancing: - on arrival by marked spaces during queuing, in the big top with alternating empty rows and cushions spaced farther apart, upon departure by regulating exit by rows
• Interaction with the artists after the show is discontinued, however, photo opportunities are being finalized.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox